The latest version of GNOME 3 has been released today. Version 3.38 contains six months of work by the GNOME community and, as always, includes many new features and performance improvements. This release showcases a new Tour application, highlighting the main functionality of the desktop and providing first time users a nice welcome to GNOME. Several core utilities have been visually refreshed, giving them a more polished and elegant experience.
There have been major changes and additions to;
- Drag to Reorder Apps
- New Welcome Tour
- Settings – Settings can now manage parental controls for Standard user accounts
- Improved Screen Recording
- Better Multi-Monitor Support
- A Better Browsing Experience
As usual, there are also many other smaller improvements in this GNOME release.
- Calculator, Cheese, Tali, Sudoku, Robots, Quadrapassel, and Nibbles all feature new icons.
- Terminal now uses an updated text color scheme.
- Photos has gained a new image filter, Trencin, very similar to Instagram’s Clarendon filter.
- The system menu has a new Restart option, which also can be used to go to the Boot menu by holding down the Alt key.
- Fractal has improved video playback in the message history.